Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael Pillow
Dr. Michael Pillow, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Pillow is affiliated with St. David'S Round Rock Medical Center, South Austin Hospital and St. David'S North Austin Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Pillow has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Michael Pillow is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
This was my first surgery ever and I was nervous although I tried not to show it throughout my pre-surgery procedures. Dr. Pillow came into the pre-op area and was very easy to talk to, he took his time to talk to me and made me feel at ease, he was kind and considerate and made the whole experience a lot easier. We talked about his recent trip to Puerto Rico (since I am from there) and how he had a great time while visiting the island. It was like I was talking to a good friend. I am very happy that it was him so was there for me during my first surgery.
Dr. Pillow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. David'S Round Rock Medical Center
South Austin Hospital
St. David'S North Austin Medical Center
Texan Surgery Center
North Austin Surgery Center
Bailey Square Surgery Center
St. David S Medical Ctr
Central Park Surgery Ctr
Surgicare Of South Austin
24 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1989
Ami Presbyterian Denver Hospital
Dr. Michael Pillow accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsAustin Anesthesiologist Group, 8140 N Mopac Expy, Austin, TX
Dr. Michael Pillow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.