Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Pittaro
Dr. Michael R Pittaro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norwalk, CT, with other offices in Stamford, CT and Fairfield, CT (and 2 other locations). He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Pittaro is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital, Yale New Haven Health Greenwich Hospital and Stamford Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael R Pittaro has 5 locations
40 Cross St Ste 200
Norwalk, CT 06851
1177 Summer St Ste 5
Stamford, CT 06905
425 Post Rd Ste 200
Fairfield, CT 06824
115 Technology Dr Ste 300
Trumbull, CT 06611
40 Cross St Ste 200
Norwalk, CT 06851
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael R Pittaro has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.<br>They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
Dr. Michael R Pittaro has the following 6 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael R Pittaro - Posted on April 6th, 2018
Passionate, listener, outstanding clinician, kind, easy to deal with. Just a wonderful doctor.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Pittaro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
- University Of Pennsylvani
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Michael R Pittaro Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael R Pittaro, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Norwalk, CT, in this video.
Dr. Michael R Pittaro is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Norwalk, CT.