Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Plokamakis
Dr. Michael Plokamakis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Astoria, NY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Plokamakis is affiliated with Mount Sinai Queens, NewYork-Presbyterian Queens and Saint Joseph's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Plokamakis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
The most important thing that a patient should depend on from a physician that calls himself a primary care physician is referrals. Dr. Plokamakises referrals were disastrous. He sent us to a sleep specialist who's office was not clean, his staff was not empowered and he had a huge attitude. This was not the only bad referral. We also feel that Dr. Plokamakis is cold, indifferent and not personable. It felt like we were meeting him for the first time every time we went to see him. My wife went to him because she had a cold that was going sour. She had bronchitis the year before. He sent her home with an over the counter recommendation and that night she went to the ER. Once you have bronchitis the doctor should be on the watch for it because it's likely that you will get it again. Lastly, I would like to recommend that Dr. Plokamakis get with the times and computerize his office. We called three times and I had to go look him in the face to get a letter for my wife to apply for Access-A-Ride. That should not be difficult right? His excuse was that his office was very busy. So I'd say if you are looking for a good primary care physician look elsewhere. You can definitely do far better.
This is the best primary physician my wife and I ever had. We both are very satisfied with all that Dr. Plokamakis has been doing for both of our health. He is very specific, accurate in diagnosing and truly cares. I was diagnosed with diabetes type II, and I am off medication since more than a year; with his guidance, my diabetes is completely under control, and I feel better than ever. His entire office staff is always very helpful. Thank you, Dr. Plokamakis. Special Thanks to Mary (Office Manager); who is very knowledgeable and helpful on the phone and in person.
Even though the doctor and his staff are nice but the doctor is too for from being called a doctor. I visited his office few times complaining about a pain but he never badder to look at or check it up. The first thing he does is to grub his pad and send me for lab work. Follow up forget it, you will never get a call from his office. After 4 years I called quit.
Dr. Plokamakis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mount Sinai Queens
Saint Joseph's Medical Center
SVCMC Mary Immaculate Hospital
Mt Sinai Hospital
St Josephs Hospital Chippewa Falls
St Joseph`s Hospital Division, CMC
35 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1978
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Dr. Michael Plokamakis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMichael Plokamakis MD, 2597 38th St, Astoria, NY
Dr. Michael Plokamakis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Astoria, NY.