Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael L Potruch
Dr. Michael L Potruch, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Hills, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Potruch is affiliated with Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, Northridge Hospital Medical Center and Torrance Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Potruch has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael L Potruch has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael L Potruch has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Dr. Michael L Potruch has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael L Potruch is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
If I only had the courage to come out and tell the world of the things he did behind closed doors without a nurse present in room, I would belt it out on microphone. But I am doing it here to start. He was the worst Doctor I've ever had. Very charming and knowledgable, which made me chose him as my OB, but he has other intentions in his devious mind. He has a woman at her most vulnerable time in her life and chooses to take advantage of it and hopes she keeps it secret as to what he has done to her or hopes she doesn't realize what he's really doing because of who he is...an OB Gynecologist. And sometimes he's successful at hoping women stay quiet- they are scared to say anything or just confused if it really happened...scared to ruin their lives for some "petty" little thing they "think" has happened but not so sure what has really happened. But we hope "someone" comes out and says something in hopes I can come out and tell all. He made me feel uneasy, he said things, he did things...I would have changed doctors but I was well into my 3rd trimester and no doctor would have taken me on as a new patient, especially being high risk. I regret that to my very core...I wished I would have changed doctors and wish I never let that happen. He never had a female nurse come in while he checked me and many other things.
If I could go back to 1999, I would never have gone to this doctor. He did a hysterectomy on me and destroyed my life and left me in extreme pain on a daily basis. But the medical board decided that they were going to do nothing. After screwing up the surgery completely, he decided to reconstruct my vagina so that my husband would have a tighter experience! I couldn't believe my ears! I had to have another surgery a year later and he screwed up again but thank God there was a general surgeon standing by to save my life. I suffer in pain and pressure in the vaginal area pretty much every minute of every day. Nothing any doctor can do to fix it, no medication can help it and no treatment delivered can help it. I saw this doctor for 2 years before he did this. He shouldn't be allowed to cut his own steak! He enjoys life and I can't even hold a job down because I cannot stand for more than 5 minutes before the pain and pressure comes. Laying on my back doesn't help. I can lay on my side and take pressure off for a little bit but then it starts to be uncomfortable again. Sitting is the same issue. I hope no one else has such a terrible experience and has to suffer the rest of their lives while he enjoys his.
He is very unprofessional, rude, and condescending! There is a difference between being straightforward and being a total JERK. Making racist comments and talking to me as if I'm five is not something I want to experience the first time I meet you. I switch OB's that same day. He should not be a doctor, at least an OBGYN, if he is going to be annoyed by a concerned mother's questions.
I personally love Dr. Potruch. Yes, he is very straight to the point and will not sugar coat things. He may not be the warmest person, but he truly cares about his patients. He has this weird sense of humor, but I dont mind it. I had two previous miscarriages and I'm currently 9 months pregnant. My 1st miscarriage it just happened natually at 6 weeks and my 2nd miscarriage Dr. Potruch performed a D&C at 10 weeks and all went well. Four months later i was pregnant again, and i am now 9 months pregnant. He has always been good to both myself and my husband. There are times when I ask him a question where he looks at me like I'm dumb, but that's just his personality and I dont take offense to it. I laugh it off. He has been sensitive to the fact that i've had previous miscarriages. If you like a doctor that will tell you what you want to hear and be suppppper nice, maybe this isn't the doctor for you since Dr. Potruch can be a little blunt sometimes.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Potruch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Monmouth Medical Center
Dr. Michael L Potruch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealthCare Partners-Mission Hills, 11600 Indian Hills Rd, Mission Hills, CA
Dr. Michael L Potruch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Hills, CA.