Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Pritchett
Dr. Michael A Pritchett, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pinehurst, NC. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pritchett is affiliated with Moore Regional Hospital. Dr. Pritchett has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Pritchett has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
Showing 5 of 18
I have personally been a patient of Doctor Pritchett for the last 5 years. A wonderful Doctor always responsive with phone calls, prescriptions. In July 2017 my husband was referred to to Doctor Pritchett. We chose him because we were so happy with the care i received. My husband was getting over pneumonia. The Doctor saw no COPD or Mesothelioma. His lungs were clear of the pneumonia. His lung capacity was 55% so he ordered Pulmonary Rehab for my husband. Since July 26 we have been trying to get Doctor Pritchett to sign off on the paperwork so his nurse and staff could get the order in for rehab. We have made many phone calls and no one tells us anything. As I made phone calls the nurses and secretary's wanted to help but they had there hands tied behind there backs until Doctor Pritchett did his JOB. After i called last week and left a message to get back to me in 24 hours or i would contact the administrator manager Doctor Pritchett finally finished the paperwork. We have lost total confidence in him as our Doctor. I question if he was tested correctly for COPD and Mesothelioma. We have fired him as our Pulmonologist and moving on. Very disappointed in a Doctor that pledged an oath to all patients.
Dr. Pritchett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University College Of Dental Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Pritchett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPinehurst Medical Clinic East, 205 Page Rd, Pinehurst, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Pritchett in this video.
Dr. Michael A Pritchett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pinehurst, NC.