Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Puff
Dr. Michael R Puff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Puff is affiliated with Spectrum Health Kelsey Memorial Health Center. Dr. Puff has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael R Puff has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael R Puff has the following 11 expertise
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Michael R Puff has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I have been a patient of Dr. Puff for many years. First of all he is an incredibly competent gastroenterologist. Next he is personable, communicates extremely well and easily on a patient level and is thorough with exams and post procedure dialogue. A Great physician. I recommend Dr. Puff without reserve.
He was abrupt, rude and uncommunicative. He didn't find a problem that later landed me in the hospital. He wouldn't answer my email asking for follow up information. His staff was much like he was. There's apparently a lack of cooperation between two offices that were amalgamated into one practice at this same location. I repeated a procedure because of this.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Puff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Michael R Puff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsShmg Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, 4100 Lake Dr SE Ste 300, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael R Puff in this video.
Dr. Michael R Puff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.