Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Jackson
Dr. Michael R Jackson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in University Place, WA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Jackson is affiliated with Tacoma General Hospital, Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center and St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Jackson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael R Jackson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Very rude office manager Paula. Disservice to patients concerns or needs. I know people who have left Dr. Jackson's practice because of his unprofessional staff. It is Unfortunate being that Dr. Jackson seems to be a caring physician. I would NOT recommend this office as long as his staff (Paula) is employed.
Dr. Jackson and staff are caring. I've been going there for years. Since they have move to the new building though, the time in waiting area could be better and needs more privacy. The gal at the front who answers phones etc. could use some personable skills. (eye contact, greeting, etc.) But the nursing staff and Dr. Jackson himself...WONDERFUL and knowledgeable.
Ive been a patient for at least 15 year. I have on received the only best of care. Every one in office and the Nurse are nice and know what they are doing.All can get in to see Dr. Jackson when needed. The wait in the office is not that long to be a problem. Feel comfortable to know you are good hands.
Even having graduated from Montlake College he is a great doctor. When I had headaches and facial numbness he was very concerned and sent me for a MRI. Turned out it was a brain tumor and he was very compassionate. His staff has always been nothing but professional. I hope it will be the same at his new office. Thank you Dr. J...you are the best!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Jackson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Michael R Jackson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFircrest Family Medicine, 5350 Orchard St W, University Place, WA
Dr. Michael R Jackson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near University Place, WA.