Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael Martin
Dr. Michael Martin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kingsport, TN. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Johnson City Medical Ctr, Indian Path Medical Center and Johnson City Specialty Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Martin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Michael Martin has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Michael Martin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 18
Dr. Martin is amazing. He actually listens to you and talks back to you. He always shows acceptance and you never feel as if he is judging you. I have seen him for almost 4 years and he used to take my insurance, but now he does not accept it. He is such a great doctor though that I would much rather pay to see him, then see a doctor I dont like but takes insurance. Also, about 3 years ago I moved about an hour away from his office, but he has helped me so much that I think it is worth the drive.
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Johnson City Medical Ctr
Indian Path Medical Center
Johnson City Specialty Hospital
Johnson County Community Hospital
Sycamore Shoals Hospital
Russell County Medical Center
Johnston Memorial Hospital
Smyth County Comm Hosp
Baptist Medial Center
Baptist Medial Center Wake Forest Univ
15 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMichael R Martin MD, 1936 Brookside Dr, Kingsport, TN
Dr. Michael Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingsport, TN.