Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Moore
Dr. Michael R Moore, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spokane, WA, with another office in Spokane, WA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Moore is affiliated with Valley Hospital, Providence Holy Family Hospital and Deaconess Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael R Moore has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Michael R Moore has the following 2 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
Dr. Michael R Moore is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I arrived at my first appointment at the scheduled time and took 5 minutes filling out new patient paperwork. When I was finished, the receptionist told me I was too late and that Dr. Moore had gone to lunch. Since I had driven 40 minutes to the appointment and arranged childcare, I told them I would reschedule somewhere nearer to my house. The receptionist seemed apologetic. The office called me later that day and told me they were sorry and to come back any time that afternoon. I went back. Dr. Moore told me that someone had told him I did not show up for my appointment that morning, which I do not believe. When he asked about my allergies to medication I described my recent reaction to morphine during an ER visit. He said it was one of his "pet peeves" when people claim to have an allergy to morphine. And when discussing anesthesia I explained a family history of sensitivity, specifically a time my mother was given too much during gall bladder surgery and it caused her heart to stop. A very scary experience, indeed. He again scoffed at this and said he found it hard to believe since anesthesiologists are so good at what they do. He finished by asking, "Who told you that?" Dr. Moore may be a very skilled surgeon; I can't say. But I felt very disrespected and will definitely not be entrusting Dr. Moore with my care.
Dr. Moore is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Michael R Moore accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael R Moore is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.