Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael R Nelson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 6
This doctor is not the best he has no manners and makes you feel very uncomfortable if you have a question he gives you no answer just more questions he never wants to listen. He shut my husband out when I asked if he could stay and watch I don't ever trust male doctors so I wanted the security of my husband and doc Nelson shut him out of the room I was very uncomfortable with this. I would recommend this doctor be fired.
Dr. Nelson- is polite, genuine, and very nice. He is younger than I expected after setting my appointment, I've only had women doctors so it was a big change for me. I feel as comfortable as is possible in this type of setting around him. He did a great job with me and I would recommend him to anyone else who has in the past had abnormal test results as I have. He was proactive in expelling any A typical cells. The only issue I've incurred while visiting Dr. Nelson is that I was to set an appointment for 6 months out and they are only taking appointments 2 months in advance. Let's hope I remember to make that app. in 4 months :-).
I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. His bedside manner is very awkward. He's great at not listening and making you feel uncomfortable. He hurt me during labor and caused internal bleeding. After surgery to fix his mistake (by a different doctor), I needed a blood transfusion. However, he came in my room and wrote on my chart that I really didn't need the transfusion that the other doctor had ordered--and cancelled it. Instead, he put me on medication to increase my blood count. The bottle was coated with warnings that nursing mothers should not take it. I was nursing. Incompetent doctor that nearly cost me my life.
17 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Michael R Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCheyenne Ob Gyn Inc, 2301 House Ave Ste 400, Cheyenne, WY
Dr. Michael R Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cheyenne, WY.