More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael R Yaffe has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
Dr. Michael R Yaffe has the following 8 expertise
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Failure to Thrive
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Michael R Yaffe is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
He made me feel like I was a bad mother and that I was incompetent. I found him to be arrogant and will not be making a follow up appointment with him. I wished I hadn't even gone to see him, it was a waste of time. The only positive things were that I didn't have much waiting time and the nurse was nice.
39 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1979
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Michael R Yaffe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsSsm Health Dean Medical Group, 1313 Fish Hatchery Rd, Madison, WI
Dr. Michael R Yaffe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.