Excellent

Everything went exactly as planned and per all the information I gathered from his website and my office visit. Am glad I did not wait any longer to have my hernia repaired and found a doctor who specialized in this. I believe the process was streamlined to make for a more comfortable experience and better outcome.

best hernia repair ever!

I had been struggling with what I thought was lactose intolerance for months and then I developed a visible inguinal hernia and my lactose intolerance got even worse. When I saw Dr. Reinhorn, he immediately diagnosed this as pain from the hernia and scheduled me ASAP and sent me to get a hernia truss that minimized my pain until he did the surgery. The surgery went smoothly by very caring and professional staff (Dr. Reinhorn having an amazing bedside manner). I needed no opioid pain relief. Day 1 after surgery I could hobble around about 100-200 feet. Day 2 after surgery I went back to work but I was limping around slowly. Day 4 after surgery I was back to work full speed. Day 14 after surgery cleared again to do all of my old activities (within reasonable limits -- I will not be olympic squatting any time soon but I didn't plan to anyway). A bonus-- I am now eating ice cream and milk again with no bowel pain issues! The hernia surgery he did required NO general anesthesia, has a very high cure rate, you can see above the minimal downtime and pain, and it is very clever in that it puts the mesh on the outside of the abdominal cavity so the pressure from your guts only further keeps the mesh in place instead of trying to bulge out the mesh. In all, if you need a hernia repair, see Dr. Reinhorn and his caring and professional staff! P.S. The anesthesia for the repair was for me very constipating. I recommend going on a high fiber diet/stool softner a few days before

Excellent experience, quick recovery

Dr. Reinhorn is very friendly and straight forward. He diagnosed my hernia quickly and easily. The surgery went very well, he fixed everything with a very small incision and by day three I was walking fine with little pain and by day 4 I was running around after my toddler like the surgery had never happened. The nurses at the hospital told me that Dr. Reinhorn’s patients always have the quickest recoveries and they were right !

Highly recommend Dr Reinhorn

I cannot more highly recommend Dr. Reinhorn and the Boston Hernia and Pilonidal Center if you are suffering from a pilonidal cyst. Everyone at the center is great but particularly Dr. Reinhorn and his PA are highly specialized and really know what they are doing. I saw at least 6 doctors and surgeons for a non-healing pilonidal wound following surgery before going to the center. This was almost a year following my initial surgery that was with another surgeon. I was about to have follow-up surgery and wanted a second opinion. Dr. Reinhorn said the surgery was unnecessary and now 7 months later and with his help, the wound is finally completely healed! I cannot thank Dr. Reinhorn enough. My only regret was not going to him from the beginning because I'm certain if he had been the initial surgeon I would have spent a few weeks recovering rather than a year and a half of pain and trouble. Dr. Reinhorn saved me from having a serious and medically unnecessary surgery. If you are suffering from a pilonidal cyst, go see Dr. Reinhorn.

Great Experience From Start To Finish!

Its been 3 weeks since my operation. I was on a tight time schedule the day of my first visit and Catherine assured me that I would be done with my appointment in 30 minutes. Everyone knows that the first time you visit a doctor you need to fill out paperwork, then wait for 30 minutes to be seen. I didn’t believe her. Yes, I did need to fill out paperwork, but then I saw Lauren the PA and Dr. Reinhorn in the next 25 minutes. They examined me, answered questions, discussed my options, and I left within 30 minutes. I did not feel rushed at all, they are just efficient. We (my wife and I) had a great feeling about their team after our visit, and the following week I called to schedule the hernia operation. My operation was at Newton Wellesley Hospital; they had a scheduled call with me a week before the operation to review medications, etc. On the day of the operation, everything went smoothly. You could tell they had done this before; everyone was pleasant and again, efficient. My wife and I were visited both by Lauren and Dr. Reinhorn beforehand to answer any last minute questions we might have. The hospital nursing staff was wonderful as well. My operation was at 9 am and we were home by 2 PM. I had my followup visit with Dr. Reinhorn yesterday; he answered all our questions, and I felt that he sincerely cared about my well-being. I would highly recommend Dr. Reinhorn and his staff if you have hernia issues.

Highly recommend Dr. Reinhorn

I found Boston Hernia in process of seeking second opinion on an l hernia I’d been managing for roughly 5 years. Dr. Reinhorn explained the various methods, and associated potential outcomes, to surgically repair my inguinal hernias (he even drew a picture!) and at that consultation it was clear to me that I wanted him to perform this procedure. I was in the OR a mere week later and everything was executed exactly as Dr. Reinhorn and his staff said it would be that day. I had found some pretty dark places online about bilateral hernia surgery recovery and two weeks later I can confirm that the testimonials on the Boston Hernia website are accurate. I took one prescription painkiller the evening of the surgery and never took another. Managed the subsequent discomfort with Advil/Tylenol, was on my feet in a couple of days, and back to work shortly thereafter. I didn’t think it was a possibility for hernia surgery to be a good experience but Dr. Reinhorn and the Boston Hernia team made it that way. A sincere thank you to the doctor and his team!

Expert Hernia Surgeon

Dr. Reinhorn performed an inguinal hernia surgery on me. There was absolutely no pain and recovery was smooth. There was no discoloration of the skin near the surgical site. Without any doubt he is an expert in this field. I was pleasantly surprised to see Arnica mentioned in the post- operative care notes. I am a son of a Homoeopathic doctor and I am familiar with this medicine. I took Arnica 30X and Hypericum 30X every hour for 4 hours after the surgery. Then I took them 4 times a day for 5 days.

Expert Hernia Surgeon

Dr. Reinhorn is world class

I had the unfortunate pain of pilonidal cyst surgery during the summer when I was 18. I was devastated when 10 years later it came back. After researching surgeons and asking DR's for references, I was introduced to Dr. Reinhorn. My experience from our initial meeting, to surgery, to post-op visits have been nothing less than world class. As someone that lives an active lifestyle, I'm truly grateful for his excellent work and can sincerely say the surgery was life changing for me. Best of luck!

Dr. Reinhorn is THE BEST

My experience with Dr. Reinhorn and the staff at Newton-Wellesley Hospital, where my hernia operation was performed, was beyond outstanding. My first contact with Dr. Reinhorn was just to seek a second opinion through 2nd MD, a web based company that arranges medical second opinions (I believe for large groups). In preparation for that video call, 2nd MD sent me info on Dr. Reinhorn including a video of him performing, and talking through, the operation. I was so intrigued by his approach, including the subsequent video conference, that I canceled the planned surgery in Florida and flew up to Boston where he performed a double hernia operation. That was one week ago today and I feel terrific. So much so that I expect to resume my normal activities of tennis, yoga and gym work in about a week. In addition to him being a great surgeon he was very informative and a super nice guy.

Dr. Michael Reinhorn is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wellesley Hills, MA.