Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael S Richheimer
Dr. Michael S Richheimer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with other offices in Long Beach, NY and Bay Shore, NY (and 1 other location). He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Richheimer is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital and Stonybrook University Hospital. Dr. Richheimer has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael S Richheimer has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Respiratory Disorders
- Skin Diseases
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Food Allergies
- Sino-Nasal Disorders
- Headache Disorders
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Showing 5 of 38
If I could give a Zero I would. Neglectful and inattentive, uses opinions instead of data to diagnose patients. Went to him for a time, but never trusted him. Unfortunately my husband did and is now suffering from MR's negligence and inept handling of several problems that were handelable but are now drugged reliant. But I trust Karma. I need do nothing - he'll do it to himself.
Ive been with Dr. Richheimer for 20 years and all I can say is that he is a top notch doctor! No other doctor has been in Time magazine and voted the best doctor in NY 9 times! Although his front desk do have accents, they are still a wonderful bunch of girls (especially Audrey) The med. techs and nurses are professional and compassionate. He definitely is the best doctor you will ever find and he truly cares and wants the best for you!!! You cant go wrong with him. He saved my life!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Richheimer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
New York Hospital
Dr. Michael S Richheimer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael S Richheimer in this video.
Dr. Michael S Richheimer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.