Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael I Rickoff MD
Dr. Michael I Rickoff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, SC, with another office in Greenville, SC. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rickoff is affiliated with Greer Memorial Hospital and Bon Secours-St Francis Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael I Rickoff has 2 locations
200 Patewood Dr Ste B200
Greenville, SC 29615
317 Saint Francis Dr Ste 170
Greenville, SC 29601
Dr. Michael I Rickoff has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael I Rickoff has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Rickoff - Posted on December 24th, 2018
Professional, knowledgeable, experienced, patient with people,
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Rickoff - Posted on December 14th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Rickoff - Posted on August 2nd, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Rickoff - Posted on September 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Rickoff - Posted on June 18th, 2012
He saved my life. I had a c scan done at another place six months prior and why so soon he didn't answer. When I got the order scan he called me after hours himself to tell me to go to the hospital. He and I talked four more times before I went and when I was wheeled out of surgery part of colon was gone as I had a malignant tumor. Thank you Dr. Rickoff.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018, 2011, 2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2013, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rickoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Michael I Rickoff Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael I Rickoff is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, SC.