Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Rieser has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I dealt with Dr. Rieser on a professional level. I was asked to complete paperwork about a child he was treating for several issues. This paperwork is confidential between the teacher and the doctor. This is why the paperwork is faxed back to the doctor and not given to the parents directly. WELL, not with Dr. Rieser, he shares all information and personal notes on the child with the parents. This is totally unprofessional. We would have taken the parents feelings into consideration had we known that the information in the notes were to be shared. I now know to NEVER trust that Dr. Rieser will keep anything confidential again. This really puts teachers in a bad spot and makes them think twice about how they fill out an evaluation on a child who needs help. I hope to never deal with him again. Teachers be aware of his total lack of professionalism.
Do NOT recommend! Told my 15 year old daughter to stop taking antidepressant cold turkey! Anyone knows this is not safe. Very rude and unprofessional. Terrible bedside manner. Refused to further treat my daughter and give her her medication because she stated she didn't " want" to take medication but would. I don't know many teenagers who actually want to take medication for depression but are willing to which is what my daughter was stating. She was being honest. I will never go back or recommed him to anyone. Furthermore, appointment time was for 515 and didn't get in until a little after 6:00.
37 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Michael J Rieser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRidge Behavioral Health Systems, 3050 Rio Dosa Dr, Lexington, KY
Dr. Michael J Rieser is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Lexington, KY.