Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael Roath has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Michael Roath has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Michael Roath has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael Roath is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
When it comes to this speciality you want an older experienced physician. He is not a young guy that looks like he walked off the set of a medical show on TV, but that is good.He is careful and methodical and expects the patient to be a good counterpart in the healing process.It appears to me that from the language style, the four negative reviews come from the same person and that is not fair or honest to this doctor.
Highly unpersonable. Never asks for the effectiveness of prescriptions or make any effort to inquire about patient progress. Does not practice adequate record keeping on his patients. Habitual mistakes with dispensing accurate medication. Often receiving questionable combinations of drugs. Correct medications were never dispensed. Greedy demeanor, must have an appointment each time for a prescription refill. Refills are only filled one month at a time. No staff, very difficult to reach. Uncourteous attitude when asked to rectify errors. Unacceptable.
I have gone to this doctor for about twenty years. He was once a good doctor for management of medication, but he was never good at talk theropy, which is why I have always gone to someone else for that. However, during the last couple of years his heart has not been it his practice any more. Increasingly, he expects the paitent to do more of the dealing with insurance, rembering what medications they are on and facilitating getting test results to him. At the same time he charges for anything he can get away with. He overcharges his paitents what Blue Cross and Blue Shield tell him to. He charges to write between visit prescriptions. He carges for phone consultations, some on which last only a few minutes. He has not kept abrest of new mental illnesses and refuses to consider the possibility that anyone's original problems may have changed. I would replace him in a minute if there were not a shortage of Psychiariststs in Northern Virginia.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
48 Years Experience
Graduated in 1965
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions8322 Traford Ln, Springfield, VA
Dr. Michael Roath is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, VA.