Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Rooks has 2 locations
627 25 1/2 Rd
Grand Junction, CO 81505
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael D Rooks has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Michael D Rooks has the following 9 expertise
- Tendon Injuries
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Wrist Injury
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand Injuries
- Forearm Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Rooks - Posted on March 10th, 2016
Dr. Rooks fixed my broken wrist, he did an awesome job. He answered all of my questions, gave me realistic healing expectations, I completely trust him and would highly recommend him. I also enjoy his somewhat dry sense of humor!
Division I Football Player
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Rooks - Posted on August 7th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Rooks - Posted on August 24th, 2009
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Rooks - Posted on January 23rd, 2009
Best hand surgeon ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Rooks - Posted on March 31st, 2008
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Michael D Rooks Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Monument Health Tier 1
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Michael D Rooks
Board certified orthopaedist Dr. Michael D. Rooks provides general orthopaedic surgery with a clinical focus on the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of hand injuries. He has specialized training in providing both surgical and non-surgical treatment for injuries that are specific to the hand, including carpal tunnel syndrome, cuts and blunt force injuries, tennis elbow, wrist pain, and sports injuries to the hand.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael D Rooks, MD - Surgery of the Hand in Grand Junction, CO, in this video.
Dr. Michael D Rooks is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Grand Junction, CO.