Dr. Michael T Ruk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael T Ruk?

Not one I would recommend

I saw Dr Ruk for a high risk pregnancy. He was technically acceptable, but failed in all aspects to show concern for complications and was not responsive to my concerns. He also was not pleased about working with my Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist and made several unpleasant comments about that highly respected DR. In addition, I prepaid my expected copay for the entire pregnancy and have been waiting over three months for the refund of the paid overage which exceedes $260.

Bad Labor Experience

I used Dr. Ruk for my second child. I felt he was a good doctor throughout my pregnancy (he was gentle and I never felt pain during exams like with my previous OB), but that's it. The day of labor was an awful experience for me with him. I was in contractions the whole day and kept waiting until my contractions were 5 minutes apart for an hour, as he had instructed. When the time came, I called for him but he did not get back to me until 20 minutes later. The answering service had to phone him twice. During these 20 minutes, my contractions were getting so close together, I hardly had time to recover after each one. After finally talking to Dr. Ruk on the phone, we headed for the hospital and suddenly, I felt an extreme urge to push. I knew the baby was coming and it took every ounce of me to keep from pushing. By the time we got to the hospital, I found out I was already 10 cm dilated. Yet, I still had to wait for over an hour before Dr. Ruk finally came to the hospital! (I begged for any doctor to deliver for me because I knew I was ready but the nurses kept telling me to wait because Dr. Ruk was supposedly very close to the hospital). I suffered so much during this time of waiting. When Dr. Ruk finally came, it took three quick pushes and my baby was out- my son was so ready to be out so much sooner! The excruciating pain that I felt by trying to hold my baby in and not push was horrible, and I had to hold out for over an hour just because we were waiting for the doctor to come. I experienced major abdominal pain afterwards from the muscles that I had used with all my might during labor to keep the baby in me. After labor, I had expected Dr. Ruk to come follow up on me, as he told me he would, but he never came. An associate ended up checking me out of the hospital instead. Perhaps it was just my situation that my labor progressed so quickly, but my labor and delivery experience with Dr. Ruk definitely made me feel not cared for as a patient.

Great Doctor!!

This is my third and I have had the same doctor deliver my oldest two. When I found out she was no longer in practice in Texas I was upset and went looking for another doctor for my third but as picky as I am I hadn't found a physician I was happy with. That was until I met Dr. Ruk. He is a fantastic doctor! Very caring, competent and takes the time to explain and hear every concern I have had. His staff is wonderful and personable and his practice runs like a well oiled machine. Every appointment is smooth running, quick and basically just a wonderful experience every time I come in. Wonderful doctor, exemplary staff!