- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael S Ascher has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Michael S Ascher has the following 16 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Intimacy and Relationships
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Learning Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bereavement/Traumatic Grief
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Michael S Ascher Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Michael S Ascher
Dr. Michael Ascher is board certified in Psychiatry and Neurology and is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine. He is passionate about helping you achieve overall health, growth, fulfilling relationships, and life-satisfaction. He is committed to providing the highest level of patient care, while maintaining a respectful, nonjudgmental, and safe therapeutic space. As a patient, you will receive individualized care, including talk therapy and/or medication management. Dr. Ascher uses a holistic approach to treat anxiety, depression, substance use problems, Adult ADHD, relationship problems, adult learning difficulties, grief, insomnia, and trauma. Additionally, he can help you with stress management, work-life balance, career and life transitions, and issues central to the creative process. His approach is flexible, personalized, and open-minded.