Dr. Michael Barnett Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Michael Barnett?

He got me hooked on Chlorazapete. Don't let it happen to you.

Posted on January 30th, 2017

I went in to see him for what was basically mild depression and he gave me chlorazapete; I. E. valium. Now I'm Hooked on it and can't get off. He never warned me about this.

Good Psychiatrist, No B.S.

Posted on February 11th, 2016

People want to bash this doctor for not spending a ton of time with them. He is not a talk therapist. If you want a talk therapist, pay one to listen to all of your problems. He is fantastic with my son. People want to say all he does is prescribe medicine, but that is literally his job. Find a talk therapist to hear your war stories. If there's a problem with my son's medicines, he is quick to call me back. He has my son figured out. Put on your big kid panties, he's not here to sugar coat your situation or to make you FEEL any less crazy, he's here to actually MAKE YOU less crazy, and if that is possible, he will achieve it.

Posted on September 17th, 2015

Completely rude, needs to learn how to talk to people.

Posted on July 5th, 2015

Very harsh and has been at times callous. Has a brutal temper. Can also be a bully. I believe he is a good diagnostician ... But after that is willing to spend no more than 4 or 5 minutes on an appt and will not go out of his way for anyone. It's all about the money.

Horrible Person

Posted on June 4th, 2015

He is rude, unorganized, pompous and a total and complete moron. RUN don't walk away from this horrible person.

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Over Medicates. Told by my doctor I was on lethal dosages like for my weight. Now suffer liver issues.

Posted on February 23rd, 2015

a very straightforward Dr, excellent with medications. Extremely prompt on prescription refills. There is never a wait time. Excellent phone availability. He can be somewhat abrupt. He is a nice person .

So disapointed

Posted on October 6th, 2014

I am a PhD clinical psychology student - I finally convienced a friend to see a therapist and a psychiatrist for to review meds as opposed to being perscribed by a general practioner. My friend finally goes, for the first time to a psych related professional after a long run of moderate depression, and gets lost along the way (45 min drive) and is 10 minutes late and this guy ungraciously refuses to see him. Yes, in a sense I get it - but not really - it took everything this guy had in him to seek out a professional just to have the door slammed in his face. I do not appreciate 1) not caring for someone in need of help in a caring manner and 2) making the rest of us in the field look bad.

Posted on July 8th, 2014

Hey I can take the sarcasm and arrogance. But his flippant response to my request to have a prescription refilled blew me away.

working bee

Posted on December 15th, 2013

When I first met Dr. Barnett I already felt hopeless. I has been struggling with my life for years. I had seen so many doctors that diagnosed me as depressed. I had all these symptoms that quite frankly made me think I was nuts. It Turned out I had adult ADD!. All that I was experiencing the sideeffects of not treating my disorder. Dr Barnett is a bit blunt but not rude in my opinion. I have been a patient for almost six years and psych ward free. He is genius. Give him a chance.

Exactly what I'm looking for

Posted on August 3rd, 2013

Dr. Barnett is exactly what I'm looking for in a doctor. He evaluates my medication and checks in on how I'm doing, I'm not paying him enough to provide pyscho therapy. I have a psychologist to discuss my issues and to guide me through my bipolar disorder.

Posted on May 19th, 2011

Dr Barnett is by far the best Dr in diagnosing Bipolar that I have ever come across. And unfortunetly I have come across a lot of them. My son and I are both Bipolar and he is both of our Doctors.He was the first Dr to ever get me to a point that I actually felt comfortable in my own skin. Yes sometimes his bedside mannor can come across a little harsh with me but I have seen him with my son and he is wonderful with him, he makes my son laugh and feel very at ease and that makes me feel so good bringing him there. I would much rather him be a little rough and know what he is doing and keep me sane then coddle me and leave me a mess. I recommend him to anyone I feel would benefit from him and amazingingly that is quite a few people every year. I think he is an absolute Genius when it comes to dealing with our Bipolar.