Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael S Mcguire has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. McGuire, but instead was seen by the Physician's Assistant. I have been told this is a very common practice by this group. I received a steroid injection in my knee which completely wrecked my knee. I am now scheduled for total knee replacement in El Paso, Texas. The other problem with this practice is the $50 charge for missing an appointment.
Dr. Mcguire is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Michael S Mcguire accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLas Cruces Orthopaedic Associates, 675 Avenida De Mesilla, Las Cruces, NM
Dr. Michael S Mcguire is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Cruces, NM.