Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael S Phillips
Dr. Michael S Phillips, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX, with other offices in Cleburne, TX and Arlington, TX (and 2 other locations). He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Phillips is affiliated with Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael S Phillips has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Michael S Phillips has the following 15 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Shoulder Pain
- Neck Pain
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Compression Fractures
- Facial Pain
- Acute Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Back Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Michael S Phillips has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael S Phillips is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
I'm ending the 5th week of 4 of phone calls to his office. I've yet to speak to a human other than directing my call. I've left 4 messages with required patient information to receive a copy of my surgical report. One would think by now the office would have taken care of my request or at least called me. Dr. Phillips is a good Dr. and I have nothing negative to say about him.
Dr. Phillips is a very caring compassionate doctor. His concern is how good your quality of life is. He's done spinal injections on me and they quit working. I had a rhizotomy done on both sides of my spine in one procedure. I had high hopes this would relieve my pain but within a couple of weeks it was not working either tho it did on the preliminary test. I've been thru the ringer with my back problems since I was in my 30's. Chiropractor, spinal decompression, physical therapy and back surgery. All I want is to be able to play with my grandkids, maybe put my dogs back in training or take them hiking spending time in my planting beds in the spring, mowing the lawn, keeping my house clean...I've not been able to do any of this since my surgery because the pain level being so high. I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to do some of these things very soon.
I feel so much better!
Dr. Phillips is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Michael S Phillips accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael S Phillips is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.