Dr. Michael Reardon Is this you?

2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael Reardon?

Amazing knowledge and caring

Posted on August 21st, 2017

I cannot say enough about Dr. Reardon. He was my son's Neurologist from the time he was diagnosed with Asperger's. He not only engaged with me on each visit - but with my son. He is primo!

Patience is a virtue

Posted on June 1st, 2017

After being up half the night with only 4 hours of sleep for an EEG test at 7am in the moring my daughter was not only exhausted but moody from the side effects of the medication Dr. Reardon proscribed. While waiting for her visit with Dr. Reardon my daughter's anxiety, fatigue, and emotions kicked in as we waited in the lobby and again in the room before he walked in. My daughter was on kepra which cuases emotional out burst, fatigue, nausa, & depression all which my 8 year old daughter has. As Dr. Reardon walks in he discovers me telling her to throw up in the trash and my daugher having an emotional outburst (side effect of the medication he proscribed) and she asked to go to the restroom to throw up. Dr. Reardon said "well if you go to the restroom then we won't have an appointment and I will make you reschedule, her seizures are not life treating". He made my daughter finish her appointment with her throwing up in the trash can and me talk over her to beg to get a new medication for her Jeavons Syndrome a form of idiopathic generalized epilepsy. Yes he is the doctor that asked my daughter to come in after no sleep, full of side effects from her current medication, and had No Patience for her during "His Time" for our visit. Patience is a Virtue.

Going through the motions

Posted on April 19th, 2017

Distressing in the inability to clearly see reduced cognitive ability in follow ups. In accurate take in reports led to more confusion.

The Only Dr Who Has Ever Made Me SOB

Posted on May 31st, 2016

Dr. Reardon is, without a doubt, THE worst pediatric neurologist I have ever encountered (a bold statement, because my four children have seen a combined 7 neurologists). We were referred by his colleague, who suspected our daughter had muscular dystrophy. After a cursory, 5-minute examination, Dr. Reardon dismissed muscular dystrophy and proceeded to be extremely abusive to ME for having "wasted his time" by bringing my daughter to him. At no point did he acknowledge that we were there at the request of his partner; nor did he offer any possible alternate diagnoses. He ignored the lengthy paperwork I had filled out, and waved away a 20-second video I had provided to demonstrate her difficulties with movement without watching it. I begged for some clue about where we should go, because her father had just been laid off and I was terrified that we would lose insurance while she was ill. He responded by screaming at me - IN FRONT OF MY 10yo DAUGHTER - that "anyone who couldn't keep a job and guarantee continuous health insurance coverage was a BAD PARENT who didn't deserve children." He said this despite the presence of a social worker AND my daughter. He continued to berate me for our temporary poverty despite the fact that I was, by then, weeping in shame, fear, and humiliation. In the end, we waited 3 months and paid $432 to see him. We walked away with no referrals, no differential diagnoses to consider, and my terrified daughter attempting to comfort me (outrageous, as I have four disabled children and have NEVER wept in 16 years of intensive medical testing, treatments, and even fatal diagnoses). If you must see a neurologist, DO NOT CHOOSE DR. REARDON. My daughter has since been diagnosed with several genetic conditions that explain her increasing weakness by the excellent geneticist, Dr. LaDonna Immken, at Specially for Children - though Dr. Reardon recognized NONE of the symptoms that his neurologist colleague or Dr. Immken recognized within 5 minutes of examining her. This man is a menace to parents and children during what can be some of the most vulnerable times in their lives. If I could give him zero stars, I would - he is THAT TERRIBLE.

Posted on April 4th, 2014

I expected a lot more!!! Compassion would of been nice! After waiting many months to see a specialists who would help my child with compassion and respect, that's not what we received! What a disappointment!! I went to a specialists to hopefully find ideas to making my child's situation better ,maybe therapies, counselors, etc... Not attitude about his limits and frustrated because we obviously where wasting his time. The only therapies where suggested by me, which he thought was a good idea. For the amount of money this office charges I hoped my child and I would at least leave his office feeling he cared and hopefully would have a plan of care, not a brush off! Maybe I am old fashion, but if one waits a long time to see a doctor, arranges full payment before coming into the office,,,I expect and pray to not feel emotionally worse than when walking in!!!

Appears to be going through the motions

Posted on October 1st, 2013

Report was written up in accurately. Confused parent explaining symptoms with a parent as having those symptoms... big difference. Seemed intent on status que. Unspecific and used vague terms describing future problems that could arise from repeated brain trauma. No follow up. No return phone call with new specific information that could prevent further trauma. No correction of the mistake on the report. No follow scheduled.

Consdier another Doctor in Practice

Posted on March 4th, 2011

We have been seeing Dr Readon for seizures for the past 5 years and after getting a second opionon for my child we have learned that the seizure disorder we were originally told he had was wrong. We have many tests performed and the second doctor said the reports he was given from the hospital showed a different seizure disorder and a couple other things that has been left unaddressed by Dr Reardon. My childs medicine was changed to a totally different medication and has had many many seizures due to the change. Dr Reardon has continued to up the meds and the seizures are still present and getting worse. He also in his own way degrade the child and make them feel as it is their fault they are having seizures. I would never recommend him to anyone, especially if you are concerned about your childs well being.

Posted on September 8th, 2010

Rushes you demanding details that are hard to explain. No interaction with your child except to degrade them by repeatedly asking if they are lying and if they can tell the truth. No sensitivity to the emotional turmoil you or your child may be experiencing. May want to rethink your appointment with this doctor if you at all care about how your child feels and how you feel about getting the right kind of help for them.

Posted on August 22nd, 2017