Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Shapiro
Dr. Michael Shapiro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ, with other offices in Scottsdale, AZ and Scottsdale, AZ . He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology. Dr. Shapiro is affiliated with Scottsdale Healthcare-Shea, Scottsdale Healthcare-Osborn and Mayo Clinic - Arizona. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Shapiro has the following 1 specialty
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Esophageal Motility Disorders (Dysmotilities)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Dr. Shapiro is an excellent physician. Unfortunately, he has handed over his patients to a P.A. and doesn't see patients in the office anymore, except briefly once or twice a week. Instead, he does only procedures. His wife schedules those and he has 2 medical assistants. The staff, in general, is snippy and intimidating. My main complaint, however, is that I no longer have access to my doctor. I can't ask him questions, even if he's down the hall, or discuss my condition with him. I don't have confidence in the P.A. I want access to my doctor; I don't think that's unreasonable. The P.A. is moody, prescribes meds I can't tolerate, then bawls me out for not "cooperating;" and last year, attacked me verbally twice. If all that negative stuff were out of the way, it would be a great environment with an excellent doctor (he's very thorough). But if I have no access to him, what's the point?
Dr Shapiro and his staff put me at ease immediately. Both the doctor and his staff were professional yet considerate and welcoming. Doctor Shapiro has a wonderful bedside manner and despite what must be a very full schedule does not make one feel hurried in any way. The discussion was extensive and the printed handouts helped a great deal. I would recommend Dr Shapiro and his staff, most highly.
Dr. Shapiro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mayo Clinic - Arizona
Scottsdale Healthcare - Osborn Medical Center
34 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Michael Shapiro accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Shapiro in this video.
Dr. Michael Shapiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.