Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael M Saal has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Michael M Saal has the following 10 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Parenting Issues
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Saal has changed my life for the better and continues to do so today. He is a great man, person and first rate psychiatrist. Always accommodating, flexible and knows how to make his patients feel comfortable and at ease in his office. While other doctors often deteriorate and retire, Dr. Saal has been getting even better over the years. The more you get to know him, the more you will realize that he truly cares about his patients and always keeps their best interests at heart. A true professional and highly highly recommended to all!
Doctor has been flexible and understanding. He has been supportive and protected the confidentiality of the patient which is admirable. He is pro-patient and realistic when it comes to meeting the needs of the patient and not just the insurance companies or anyone else. Nevertheless, grateful comes to mind when asked to describe him.
Dr. Saal,I do want to thank you so much for all your help with our daughter. Your diagnosis and treatment have changed her so much. She is getting better day by day. I will be scheduling her with a doctor at Kaiser and I'm sure they will be contacting you for her records.Thank you again for changing our lives for the better!
I don't know who this other reviewer is talking about because that does not describe the Dr. Saal my son has been seeing for the past three years. Dr. Saal is extremely caring, competent, and consistent. He has frequently been more than willing to go out of his way for us when we have waited until the last minute to get a prescription. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a truly wonderful child psychiatrist.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Michael M Saal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichael Martin Saal Md, 311 Miller Ave Ste B, Mill Valley, CA
Dr. Michael M Saal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mill Valley, CA.