Dr. Michael H Sacks Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Michael H Sacks?

To a rdr.a real gentilman

I hade a excellent experience with Dr sacks being nice and very accurate diagnosis and a real gentlman

Ignore all of the negative reviews

I am astonished at how horrible the reviews are! Just another example of why you can't always trust everything you read on the internet. Dr. Sacks is a gifted psychiatrist who helped me tremendously in a time of an awful crisis in my life. He is brilliant. He even helped me identify things about myself that I didn't want to hear at first, but was 100% true. My guess about the bad reviews is that he works with hospitalized patients, many of whom are disgruntled with their hospital stay for whatever reason and then blaming him for it. Don't listen to them - find out for yourself. Dr. Sacks is great.

Horrible

He got entirely the wrong idea of what happened, refused to listen to corrections, insisted I made it up, called me "stupid, crazy and a loner" and then defended that when I brought it up again in front of an intern.

Self-confident and biased

He treated me during a hospital stay. Overly self-confident in his initial diagnostic hunches even if they are wrong and will not consider or explore any other possibilities. Doesn't take into account any other medical conditions and assumes everything is psychiatric. Despite his supposedly illustrious reputation, he is a poor physician (psychiatrists are after all also medical doctors). Not to mention his intimidating manner when dealing with patients which I don't believe is conducive to making his patients be open with him.

treated adult child during stay in hospital the worst i have ever met too cocky and arrogrant to deal with could bring on mania in a normal person terrible first encounter with this man.

He saved my life.