Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael H Salinger has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Michael H Salinger has the following 17 expertise
- Heart Transplantation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Catheterization
Dr. Michael H Salinger has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael H Salinger is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 5
i had a baloon proceedure for svcsyndrome. dr sainger explained the proceedurevery well and i signed the consent form. my problems atarted after the proceedure when they sent me to a room before the bleeding was stopped or even controlled. I bled for three days and no one ould stop it until his partner came to my room and applied pressure for an hour.This should have been done in the cath lab but they were in a hurry to be done with me. never have a proceedure scheduled for a friday especially if Dr Salinger is in a rush to go out of town. I cannot stress how uncomfortable or scared I was for three days having dressings bleed through and having to be changed,painfully, for no other reason than expediency. It was a horrible three days.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
39 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Michael H Salinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsEvanston Hospital, 2650 Ridge Ave, Evanston, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael H Salinger, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Evanston, IL, in this video.
Dr. Michael H Salinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Evanston, IL.