Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Sammarco has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Cervical Tumor (Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia, CIN)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Menstrual Pain
- Vaginal Birth after Cesarean
- Uterine Prolapse
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Female Infertility
- Women's Health
- Reproductive Sterilization
- Urinary Incontinence
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Fantastic! You can tell Dr. sammarco loves his job. Wonderful attitude and probably the most thorough check-ups I've ever had. My appointment was one of the last ones of the day and never once did I feel like I was being rushed.Also the assistant, is just as attentive as Dr. sammarco. You'll be in great hands with him!
Dr. Sammarco delivered my son 14 years ago. I had many complications and set backs to say the least. I was in the hospital many days with visits from him daily. He called my home daily during the long recovery at home. He is a very caring doctor and always professional in his demeaner. I was not the typical case and Dr. Sammarco always did extra research to find what he needed to do next in my many trials during my care with him. I can honestly say that Dr. Sammarco is the reason whey I am sitting at this computer and writting this testimony, I believe that other doctors would not have been able to save my life in such emergencies I experienced during my recovery. His care went far beyond medical care, he listend and offered suggestions. He wanted to proved top notch care and in my case he was above and beyond that goal. My only complaint that I have of Dr. Sammarco is that he left Illinois and moved to Michigan...it was too long of a ride for an office visit. I was sad to see him go. He is a very special doctor and will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you Dr. Sammarco...where ever you are in Michigan!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2011, 2014, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2013, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2009, 2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Christiana Care Health System
Dr. Michael J Sammarco accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael J Sammarco is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Marion, IL.