Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael L Saruk has the following 3 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Michael L Saruk has the following 7 expertise
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
Dr. Michael L Saruk has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael L Saruk is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I would have been a new patient, so I arrived for my appt 15 minutes early with my paperwork filled out, as requested. My appt time had come and gone and 3 people WHO CAME IN AFTER ME were called back. I left after I had waited until 15 minutes past my appt time because the 3rd person who was called back was 10 minutes late for her appointment!! The woman in the office told me that they only had two providers in the office (that's no excuse! Also, if there were two providers and 3 people went ahead of me then I was obviously skipped!) If they treat new patients with such disregard I can't imagine how horrible it will be if I were to have stayed on as a patient. So disappointed.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1977
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJ Edwin Wood Clinic, 700 Spruce St Ste 304, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael L Saruk in this video.
Dr. Michael L Saruk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.