Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Sbarra has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael A Sbarra has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Michael A Sbarra is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Sbarra was amazing to me during my 2nd pregnancy, I had complications and needed to be on bed rest and he was there any time of day to answer my questions. When I needed to go to the hospital for monitoring, he was there to make sure I was okay. I ended up having a c-section, he did an amazing job, I left the hospital a day early and recovered quickly with only motrin for pain, much better experience than my 1st c-section. He is a great guy, straight to the point and takes his patients health very seriously. I cannot thank him enough for what he did for me.
At my very first appointment, my husband and I thought Dr. Sbarra was fantastic- very thorough, gave us his cell phone number in case we ever needed him... fast forward to appointment number 3 at 17 weeks pregnant, and the man turned into a lunatic! He came into the room after an hour of waiting and abruptly asked me why I was there, without so much as making eye contact with me or asking me how my pregnancy is going. He yelled at me and insulted me after I politely asked whether or not I was having an ultrasound during the visit since my appointment had been rescheduled due to the availability of the ultrasound tech (this is my first pregnancy, excuse me for being unaware of the process!), and nearly came at me in his fit of unnecessary and unwarranted rage - thankfully there was a woman from the front desk in the room, because I felt extremely uncomfortable and unsafe without my husband there with me. Aside from his outburst and complete lack of professionalism, Dr. Sbarra had horrible bedside manner; he never once asked me how I was doing or feeling, even after I told him that I am still suffering from terrible morning sickness and blinding migraines. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Sbarra to another pregnant woman; he seems to be unstable and I would not put the safety of my unborn child in his hands after the experience that I just had in his office, he has completely lost my trust and respect as a medical professional. How this man is the chair of the OBGYN department at a hospital as well respected at HUMC is beyond comprehension to me!
He's very smart, very knowledgeable, explains everything in detail, spends as much time with his patients as needed, never rushes you, is compassionate, he gets right to the point and tells you like it is, always very curteous and concerned...it's good to know you have him for a doctor because he can find, diagnose and take care of any female issue and he handles it very professionally!
Dr. Sabarra treated a patient today like no human eing should ever be treated. After 1 1/2 weeks of preperation, he dropped the patient just minutes before the surgey because the family was asking to many questions. I have seen better care and more concern at my vet's office
Seton Hall University
Dr. Michael A Sbarra accepts the following insurance providers.
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichael Anthony Sbarra Md, 20 Prospect Ave Ste 705, Hackensack, NJ
Dr. Michael A Sbarra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackensack, NJ.