Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael F Schlaack has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 21
He has been my parents doctor for years. I started seeing him about 6 months ago and he has been amazing. His office always does an awesome job getting back to me quickly after test results. He listened to all my symptoms and is very experienced. He has a fun sense of humor and is a straight shooter. No appointments because it a quick care but he is worth the wait. If you'd like to see him make sure you call to assure he is there. His PA's work there often.
I have been a patient of his for over 20 years. The last few visits over the years he is very condescending toward me and doesn't listen. He is very quick and when I ask questions he has the nerve to say "Do you think I have misdiagnosed you?" I didn't feel comfortable with the care and diagnose he gave me so I went to another doctor the very next morning. Come to find out he seemed to miss that I had a urinary infection too. I will never go back to him. His care and bedside manner are horrible!
I was a little reluctant, for two reasons, to come to this office; one, because it is an urgent care and two, because receptions customer service skills both on phone and in person could use some improvement.Once on the other side the intake was great and personable. I found Dr. Schlaack to have a playful personality and one who calls a spade a spade. Depending on a persons social style, this can be perceived as negative. Dr. Schlaack was called on an emergency and I was seen by another doctor in the office (unfortunately I didn't catch her name) who was just as awesome. She listened and did not try to rush as it happens in other offices and/or urgent cares.I had such a positive experience, this is where I will go when I require a doctor visit.
37 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Michael F Schlaack accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGalleria Urgent Care, 105 N Pecos Rd Ste 111, Henderson, NV
Dr. Michael F Schlaack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Henderson, NV.