Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael R Seawell has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Limb Salvage
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Unstable Angina
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Heart Block
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I cannot express in words my gratitude towards Dr. Lim who saves my life. I am 72, female from NC, and was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia for two years. I suffered from electric-shock type of pain so severe that my husband had to call 911. Meds did not help but caused terrible side effects. I searched the web and found Dr. Lim along with glowing testimonials from his patients. In my first consultation in early August 2017, Dr. Lim listened patiently to my concerns and described fully my options. I decided to have Microvascular Decompression and had surgery in August 2017. I was pain free and walked the next day. I was on Tylenol and Tylenol ONLY from day2 to day7. I recovered fully and resumed all my daily activities within a few weeks. Dr. Lim gave me the blessing to travel and I took an 18-day European tour and transatlantic cruise seven weeks after surgery. I am pain free for 5 months now without any meds. On top of being a top-notch neurosurgeon, Dr. Lim is compassionate, thorough, and has the warmest bedside manner. My experience with his team is equally impressive, from the medical supports with his PA Carla Scott and Sam and scheduling with Roberto Soto. Dr. Lim gave the quality of my life back and I owe it all to him. I recommend TN patients to seek advices from Dr. Lim.
11 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2007
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Michael R Seawell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKentucky Heart Institute, 5000 KY Route 321 Ste 4102, Prestonsburg, KY
Dr. Michael R Seawell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Prestonsburg, KY.