3.8

Have you seen Dr. Michael S Seward?

Very kind and competent doctor

So fortunate to have found this clinic and this doctor. Have received excellent care and am treated well by this doctor and the whole staff.

Terrible, angry person. Ignorant doctor, with no heart and an arrogant personality. Do not waste your time or patience on him.

My 1 year old daughter WAS an existing patient at GLEC. Her existing M.D. was out of the country, so she went to see Seward. I refuse to say M.D. He addressed her upcoming eye surgery, said anaesthesia was unnecessary...haha... Also, addressed her current eye drops that weren't working for her blocked treat duct. Talked about how much better another med would be and how harmful the current ones were to her due to tolerance occuring and to stop talking them immediately. Low and behold I leave and go to the pharmacy to pick up the new meds and they state since insurance didn't cover it, they called the prescriber and he changed it to the old med that he talked so negatively about. I called him immediatley. His response ( 4 days later after 15 calls) was that I should be lucky to have Medicaid. Beggars can't be choosers, I was a drain on our economy and he had no obligation to argue with insuance because I should be greatful he even takes Medicaid to have seen us and will not spend anymore time on this otherwise. I was on medicaid because I wasn't working (for the only 4 months of my life) but my self employed construction contractor husband was, and this was before Obamacare. I was on the phone arguing for 30 minutes with Seward, even about his hypocratic oath. He screamed every outrageous thing you could imagine. I complained to GLEC the next day, since the argument lasted past 5pm, they didn't care and I never received a follow up on any disciplinary action taking place at all. We moved to Texas the next month. By this time my daughter was on the verge of going blind in her left eye from contstant infection, swelling and oversuse of the same group of steroid eyedrops. All from having a blocked tear duct! Upon arrival in Texas, I started a great new job and had new PPO insurance. My daughter had a new Ophthalmologist the was absolutely shocked and in disbelief of our daughter's treatment by GLEC in general as well as by SEWARD, until she saw GLEC's medical records and was infuriated by her entire patient treatment plan. Her jaw literally dropped. GLEC did not even perform the primary 3 tests needed for her condition. Childrens Medical Center in Dallas is great!!!! They would've even accepted Medicaid for the same treatment/surgery (w/anaesthesia) that our daughter had received with our PPO. Bottom line, Seward is a terrible want-to-be doctor and a pathetic excuse of a human being, dog, cat or snake. This person will only see you as a $ and judge you on your interpreted worth. PLEASE AVOID!!!!! AVOID GREAT LAKES EYE ARE AS WELL!!! They will not perform required testing if your are a Medicaid/Medicare recipient!

This doctor told me when i went i was having attacks of the eye he said i think u have a blocked artery saved me from a stroke or maybe even worst! I think he is a great eye doctor!

Really cares and really competent. Took the time to solve my complicated problem. I had seen 3 other doctors before him.

Dr. Seward is a phenomenal physician who really cares about his patients. He listens and makes sure that the treatment will work for you or looks for alternatives. I feel like I always gain new information. I admire the work he does internationally as well as locally and would recommend him to family members, here and abroad.

Excellent

He really cares and also is an expert in his field. I went to other doctors first but finally got a solution from Dr Seward.

My son really liked him, and he really made a difference in my son's eyes. He did a good job looking at my eyes But couldn't take my insurance.

Absolutely Hossible!

This doctor (as he is called) is a joke! He uses a person's insurance to determine the medications he perscribes to them. He WON'T for you with insurance companies to ensure you get the medication

Dr. Michael S Seward is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Joseph, MI.