Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Sewell
Dr. Michael R Sewell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bossier City, LA, with another office in Bossier City, LA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Sewell is affiliated with Willis-Knighton South & The Center for Women's Health and Wk Bossier Health Center. Dr. Sewell has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael R Sewell has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
This guy is no longer practicing private medicine. He is now a "hospitalist" for Willis Knighton. He provided no warning that he was dumping his practice. His patients received "Dear Valued Patient" letters and were advised to seek another doctor. This was a very bad ethical breach and here's hoping he sleeps well at night having dumped so many patients that depended on him.
Great doctortVery unprofessional receptionistYoung woman was extremely rudeDespite the doctor's care, will not be back based on his office staff.
I am very sorry for the unprofessionalism you aquired in my clinic. Please feel free to contact my office manager if you feel you need to address this matter personally.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sewell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1994
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Michael R Sewell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael R Sewell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bossier City, LA.