Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Shallman
Dr. Michael Shallman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seal Beach, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Shallman is affiliated with Downey Regional Medical Center, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Los Alamitos Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Shallman has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Shallman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Downey Regional Medical Center
Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Los Alamitos Medical Center
St. Mary Medical Center
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
ST Mary Medical Center
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
37 Years Experience
Medical College of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Michael Shallman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions13280 Saint Andrews Dr, Seal Beach, CA
Dr. Michael Shallman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seal Beach, CA.