Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael V Shelton has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
This Doctor made a diagnosis without an assessment. He told me he was going to give me an prescription for antibiotics and a steroid shot. I told him that i had already had a steroid shot two weeks earlier. He had the nurse administered the shot anyway. ( i was later told by another professional that the steroid shot is not suppose to be administered more than once every four months!) He then sent the nurse to tell me instead of giving me a prescription for antibiotics he wanted me to go buy benydryl. 4hour wait for 4 minutes of his time, and a 200.00 bill!
I have received very poor service from this office. My calls were not returned on several occasions, I was asked to return for each and every thing I needed treated when it was completely unnecessary, which makes it appear it is all about money. The person anwering the phone replied uh huh to everything I said when I told her about my phone call not being returned. She made no sense by using this reply to everything I said.On another phone call I asked for a referal to a specialist and was told just pick one, Dr. Shelton does not care who you see. Overall bed side manner of this office has been unproffessional and uncaring.
41 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dch Regional Medical Center
Dr. Michael V Shelton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWendover Family Medicine, 4222 Wendover Ave Ste 600, Odessa, TX
Dr. Michael V Shelton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Odessa, TX.