The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael S Shuler MD
Dr. Michael S Shuler has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael S Shuler has the following 13 expertise
- Tendon Injuries
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Forearm Injuries
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist Fracture (Colles Fracture)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Tendon Entrapment
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hand Injuries
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
Dr. Michael S Shuler is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael S Shuler - Posted on January 25th, 2019
Dr. Shuler is an excellent Doctor. He has performed surgery on both my right hand and left hand. I have had very good results from the surgery. I am pain free and getting stronger each day. I am so very glad that Dr. Shuler performed the surgery. He is very personable and friendly and does an awesome job.
Expert Hand Surgeon
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael S Shuler - Posted on October 16th, 2018
My friend used him and gave me his name. I insisted on using him when my Primary Physician was making a recommendation. He was excellent. My carpal tunnel surgery went smoothly and my hand (six weeks post surgery) is doing very well. I have feeling again in my index finger and thumb. He is amazing.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael S Shuler - Posted on October 11th, 2018
Dr. Michael Shuler
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael S Shuler - Posted on September 27th, 2017
Absolutely top drawer doctor! He explains everything to you with a smile and in detail. He follows up and monitors your therapy and recovery after surgery closely. He is by far the best man for the job if you have injured your hand, wrist or arm. I absolutely recommend him to anyone who needs this kind of specialist!
Hand,arm and nerve wrap
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael S Shuler - Posted on April 9th, 2016
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Michael S Shuler Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Michael S Shuler
Dr shuler has been in Athens, GA since 2008 and was the first hand and upper extremity surgeon in Northeast GA. He formed the Athens Orthopedic Clinic Hand Center that combines expert conservative and operative management of upper extremity problems. The hand center coordinates physician care with certified hand therapist care, a vital component associated with complete recovery of upper extremity injuries.
Locations & DirectionsATHENS ORTHOPEDIC CLINIC PA, 1765 Old West Broad St Bldg 2, Athens, GA
Dr. Michael S Shuler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Athens, GA.