Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Sicat
Dr. Michael A Sicat, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY, with another office in Staten Island, NY. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sicat is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Sicat has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
Showing 5 of 22
The first time I saw him he was very helpful. He is in fact very good at explaining things. During the last six months or so, I've had to see him he was able to help me, though I couldn't get an appointment right away. I do feel rushed when I with him. I don't like that. I know there are others who need to see him, but five minutes is not enough time for me to ask questions and ask for advice. Most of the staff that works with him are ok. One person lies a lot (says she's done things she hasn't). I never wait long to see him. I like that. I don't like him leaving me to go do other things (on the phone). Finish with me then keep it moving.
As per your suggestion my most memorable experience with Dr. Sicat left me with the unambiguous impression that he was condescending bordering on arrogance, and untruthful. As a result I most certainly would not recommend hiim to anyone. One outstanding example was his secretary's informing me that I had to keep trying to call him at different times (4) during my follow up visit and that he would not return my calls. I have no idea what caused his behaviour but do consider this to be completely unprofessional.
Dr. Sicat is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of The East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
Graduated in 1987
New York Medical College
Dr. Michael A Sicat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael A Sicat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.