More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Slanina
Dr. Michael Slanina, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Slanina is affiliated with Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Hahnemann University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Slanina has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 15
Absolutely horrible staff; rude and unprofessional. They never answer calls, you have to leave your name and number and they never get back to you. The office is disgusting. There are holes in the walls of the examination rooms, paper towels on the floors and it's like no one ever sweeps there. Both doctors, Slalina and Cooler are useless, my child hasn't received two shots because apparently they don't have them.my daughter contracted the whooping cough because he never gave her the correct shots. I changed both my children. Never thought they could get any worse. The doctor refused to look into why my child was sick, he just said it was a flu and kept prescribing cough med when I specified that it did not help whatsoever. Find a better doctor, save yourself the trouble!
I was surprised by some of the things I read about Doc. I am a 30 year old male and this man had treated me for everything from birth until he could no longer help me at the age of 27. If I could still see him as my provider, there wouldn't even be a second of hesitation. True, his staff had gotten rather awful over the years, but he is still one of the best Doctors ever. I have never met a more caring, educated and attentive Physician with a wonderful bedside manor. I hope he enjoys his retirement. He more than definitely deserves it.
Showed up for my son's appointment and waited 15 mins for them to call me up and tell me that I missed my son's appointment. I called almost a month in advance to set up an appointment for my son's vaccines. I confirmed the date and time of my appointment at least 3 times on the phone that day. Not only did they put my appointment in wrong but they refused to see my son because the doctor who was in wasn't his regular doctor. I got treated like a moron even though they were wrong. They told me the wrong day and even the wrong time over the phone. I've never had an issue with the doctor but after 5 yrs of taking my son to this doctor I will never go back because his staff is completely rude and unprofessional.
Dr. Slanina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Hahnemann University Hospital
- Allegheny University Of The Health Sciences
Drexel University/Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Michael Slanina accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKidsmed LLC, 6404 Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Michael Slanina is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.