Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Slowey has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael J Slowey has the following 5 expertise
- Miscarriage (Recurrent)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Female Infertility
Dr. Michael J Slowey has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael J Slowey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Slowey has to be one of the most knowledgably physicians I have ever met. You know immediately that you are in good hands. What doctor spends an hour with you on your first visit?! You can tell that he truly cares about your situation and knows how to fix it. I whole heartedly recommend this office!
I saw Dr. Slowey when he had just joined his previous practice. After working with my OB for a frustrating year, it was reassuring to see such a knowledgeable doctor who was willing to be aggressive and listen to the concerns of an educated patient (I can be a bit much for some doctors). Out of three medicated cycles in 4 months, I had two pregnancies (I lost the first but carried twins successfully to the finish line with the second). Those are pretty good odds. I was, however, glad to see that his previous nurse did not come with him to the new practice. In the midst of the miscarriage, she told me I had "too many irons in the fire" when I went to my OB while hemorrhaging because her voicemail erroneously said she was out of town and no one else would take my call. With her out of the picture, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Slowey.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Michael J Slowey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSoutheastern Fertility Center PA, 1375 Hospital Dr, Mount Pleasant, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Slowey in this video.
Dr. Michael J Slowey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Pleasant, SC.