3.3

Have you seen Dr. Michael R Sorrell?

Wouldn't see anyone else

I've been seeing Dr. Sorrell for a little more than 3 years now and I'm never going to anyone else. I have familial migraines and they are debilitating. After years of trying everything under the sun to control of them through my PCP I was sent to see Dr. Sorrell and we tried a few things and it didn't work but he didn't give up on me and we started botox injections and a preventative twice daily. Finally my life is the migraines went from 14 to 15 migraines a month down to maybe 1 if at all. His M.A Paula is always kind and pleasant as well.

I've been reading other negative comments about Dr. Sorrell, and what is said is far from the truth with my experience. He took his time with me about my Fibromyalgia. His diagnoses was on target. He does lack a bedside manner, but wasn't rude. I now have a medical Marijuana card and it is incredible how it takes the pain away.

Does not listen

I went to see him for migraines and at the time I was on day 4 of a migraine. He did not want to listen to my needs and only wanted to push his own agenda of physical therapy for migraines. I have never heard of that as a treatment and have since seen another neurologist who feels that physical therapy for migraines is ridiculous. He has the worst bedside manner and should retire.

Needs to learn some bedside manners

I will not go back. I wasted an hr of my life in the waiting room to be seen for only 15 mins and then be treated like an imbecile. The last time I checked I was the patient and therefore a part of the treatment plan. Instead, I was cut off and shooed at when I tried to state my wishes. I may not be the one with the degree but I will not be hushed when talking about my body. He spends more time typing on the computer than talking to the patient and whenever I tried to explain anything he stopped me.

Time to retire

Too laid back, not thorough, doesn't put thought or initiative into his diagnosis. I saw Dr. Sorrell seeking an answer to my severe headaches, which I have been living with for eight years. He sent me to a physical therapist. Eventually I went to a headache clinic in Worcester. I was diagnosed with migraines. The pills made me ill and my migraines were happening far too often. I am now getting botox shots from a doctor that is curious and thorough and engaging in questions and answers.

Great migraine dr if you want more than another bottle of poison pills!

Dr. Sorrell is the first doctor who has actually heard me re: my migraines. He's also the first one to recommend something other than pills! He has empowered me to gain control over my debilitating migraines, with limited use of medication. This is what I hoped for, but never expected to get from a doctor. I hadn't heard of using Trigger Point Therapy and stretches for migraines until Dr. Sorrell. I didn't want to see one more doctor, but I've been grateful that I pushed myself to see Dr. S. He has helped me to change my life. I've seen many doctors re: my head pain and Dr. Sorrell is the only one in my area using this approach. I highly recommend!

He does not tell you what he is thinking. Does not explain things. Gets frustrated when you ask a question when he is taking notes. God forbid you come in with a sheet of paper with your symptoms and questions he seems to get frustrated by this. He does not want past history records,paper given to him he wants you to tell him your history yourself. This will only make you miss items if you have a lot of history. Make sure you request a copy of his notes when you leave appointment To male sure he understood you. He is always rushing to get to the next appointment.

Didn't seem to listen . Did not explain much of anything

Dr. Michael R Sorrell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Springfield, MA.