Dr. Michael Stanton Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Michael Stanton?

Dr. Stanton

Posted on March 1st, 2016

Dr. Michael Staton was a wonderful doctor. He was extremely knowledgable about the neurological disorder a different Dr. suspected I had. Dr. Stanton was able to rule it out within minutes. Dr. Stanton was a lovely gentleman with a wonderful bedside manner. I would highly recommend him.

worst appt ever

Posted on April 29th, 2014

I experienced the worst appt I have ever had with Dr Stanton. His mind was elsewhere, he was indifferent and at times sarcastic.I would never see him again and would never recommend him. No charade manner. No patient interest. A total black eye for URMC.

Highly recommend

Posted on February 8th, 2013

I owe a real debt of gratitude to Dr. Stanton. He was the second neurologist I consulted, a few months after a first neuro couldn’t determine the cause of my symptoms. For several months after the first consult, my condition deteriorated alarmingly, but since the first neuro had nothing to offer in the way of appropriate treatment, I didn’t feel it was worthwhile to continue to see him. Dr. Stanton, however, suspected a very different problem after the initial physical examination, and he recommended immediate hospitalization for further tests to determine the cause. Sure enough, after additional MRIs, a tumor was found. As to his beside manner, it’s just fine. He may be a little shy, a little abrupt and "clinical," but he demonstrated real concern for me which was absolute balm after the experience with the first neuro. I highly recommend this doctor, and the Neurology Department at the U of R Medical Center.

Posted on February 1st, 2013

Dr Stanton was by far the least interested Dr I have ever seen. Don't count on any value from your appointment.

I'd look around first

Posted on September 3rd, 2012

I had a consult with Dr Stanton in the hospital. His bedside manner was clinical and detached. He performed a competent neuro, exam. He seemed uninterested in my input. He was rude to his resident and indicated that he observe only (the resident had performed the original exam and could comment on aspects that had evolved over time). When Dr. Stanton was unable to arrive at a satisfactory neurological diagnosis, he concluded that the cause must be psychiatric. 48 hrs later, when my medical problem had been normalized, I was able to walk out of the hospital on my own. I hope that Dr. Stanton is more interested in learning more about complex cases than he was with mine. I would not recommend him to anyone who believes that they and their doctor should be able to work collaboratively toward an answer.

Posted on December 1st, 2015