Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms and how the disease progresses over time.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael F Stiefel
Dr. Michael F Stiefel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pennington, NJ, with another office in Valhalla, NY. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Neurological Surgery. Dr. Stiefel is affiliated with Richmond University Medical Center, NYU Langone Medical Center and New York Eye & Ear Infirmary. Dr. Stiefel has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael F Stiefel has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
Dr. Michael F Stiefel has the following 22 expertise
- Brain Ischemia
- Internal Carotid Artery Dissection
- Brain Injuries
- Vertebral Artery Dissection
- Vascular Malformations
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Intracranial Hypertension
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Carotid Stenosis
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Central Nervous System Vascular Anomalies (Brain Vascular Malformation)
- Brain Surgery
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Tumor
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
Dr. Michael F Stiefel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 33
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Stiefel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Michael F Stiefel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael F Stiefel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pennington, NJ.