Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael L Strauss has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
My husband has already recommended many of his friends to Dr. Strauss, and love him- so I've switched to him as well. He was especially terrific in a recent frightening health emergency my husband had. He had terrible stomach pains every 15 minutes- we thought he had a blockage and might need to go to the emergency room. We left a message for Dr Strauss' office at 6 am- and he called us back in under 5 minutes! We decided to wait until the office was open- since the emergency room would have us waiting the same amount of time. The doctor took us immediately- did many thorough tests- and we knew within less than 2 hours it was not a blockage, and were on our way home with prescriptions filled. My husband recovered very quickly, and Dr. Strauss was in touch and accessible for questions by phone. I have full confidence that DR. Strauss is exactly who we would want to see in a crisis- or just for a routine check up. Good Docs are hard to find in NYC- he's one of the best I've encountered in my 38 years.
While I had a lovely visit with DR.Strauss the first time I have dealt with him my second time was a nightmare. I have recently suffered a car accident and when they told me they do not accept my car insurance as a result of not being a "no fault" doctor they refused to direct me to another doctor. Their answer was simply " go to the ER", when I expressed how this was not good customer service I was directed to "go to another doctor" I have never dealt with such cold and unhelpful people in any field. I suggest staying anyway.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Cabrini Medical Center
Dr. Michael L Strauss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNew York Eye & Ear Infirmary, 310 E 14th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael L Strauss in this video.
Dr. Michael L Strauss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.