Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Michael Susco MD
Michael Susco, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Canandaigua, NY, with another office in Poughkeepsie, NY. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Michael Susco is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. He speaks English.
Michael Susco has 2 locations
35 North St
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Book Online Now
Michael Susco has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Michael Susco has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Michael Susco - Posted on January 3rd, 2019
Over prescribes. Wasted a year of my life because of the medications he had me on. Made me worse then the beginning amd created so many other issues. Once I talked to other psychiatrists they were shocked and confused as to why any psychiatrist would ever put a patient on the amount of medications and the combination of medications I was on. Please, please, please do not go to him or let anyone you care about go to him.
Self-verified patient of Michael Susco - Posted on November 17th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Michael Susco - Posted on July 14th, 2018
Dr Susco helped me get back to living after a traumatic car accident changed my life. He knew the triggers and helped me work through using ways from which I could successfully develop . This saved my life when I felt like I couldn’t deal with chronic pain anymore. His services and great care have improved my life and helped me earn back my courage. Thank you Dr Susco! Poughkeepsie area misses your expertise and sense of humor.
He's a great doctor in my opion
Self-verified patient of Michael Susco - Posted on April 2nd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Michael Susco - Posted on February 11th, 2016
Susco is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center
32 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1984
New York Medical College
Michael Susco Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
Locations & Directions
Michael Susco is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Canandaigua, NY.