Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael H Sussman
Dr. Michael H Sussman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Garden City, NY. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sussman is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. Dr. Sussman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael H Sussman has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael H Sussman has the following 12 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Michael H Sussman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
been a patient for 18 years - best cardiolgist around. Literally no wait time unless he has had an emergency patient, but they must schedule time in their appointment book just for this because I have been going three to four times yearly and never had to wait longer than 5-10 minutes each time. Actually one time I was at the desk registering and they called me right in. No wait time at all. Great staff too.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Sussman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Michael H Sussman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Medical Associates PC, 975 Stewart Ave, Garden City, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael H Sussman in this video.
Dr. Michael H Sussman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Garden City, NY.