Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Swistak has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Stress Testing
Showing 5 of 10
In my first appointment, he was apparently in a hurry, and showed impatience to me when i asked questions. In a follow-up appointment to talk about the results of Cardiac stress testing, this Dr. refused to explain to me about the graph, plaining saying that he doesn't understand it. How did he obtain his board certificates! I only got a short "everything is normal" answer for this follow-up appointment, and he charged me the full bill without being able to diagonose my problem of chest pain.He billed me as the level 2 refered patient for my first appointment, but i was actually a new patient. When I asked his office to change the billing code ( as new patient pays less and I pay everything out of pocket), his office basically ignored my request on changing it. After half year, they changed the billing code as level 3 new patient in order to keep their original charges unchanged. What kind of robber they are!I don't trust this doctor at all. He definitely doesn't have a nice heart. He doesn't even deserve a star!
Nobody goes to a cardiologist hoping they will find something wrong with you. The staff was awesome and the tech was extremely professional during the stress test. Having called on many cardiologists over the years, I was impressed that the doc found what was causing the problem on the very first visit. He then referred me for follow up care. Thanks for the efforts by this entire office.
Dr. Swistak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Rhode Island Hospital
Locations & DirectionsOverlake Medical Clinics Cardiology, 1414 116th Ave NE Ste E, Bellevue, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Swistak in this video.
Dr. Michael A Swistak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellevue, WA.