Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael T Melia
Dr. Michael T Melia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bethesda, MD, with another office in Baltimore, MD. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Melia is affiliated with Howard County General Hospital Inc. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael T Melia has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael T Melia has the following 10 expertise
- HIV Infections
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Michael T Melia has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Michael T Melia is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Melia saw me once in his office and since I live 4 hours away he ordered some of the tests he needed at my local hosp. After only one meeting he has phoned me twice. He spoke with another dr. while on vacation in my behalf. My illness is a difficult 5-6 month on going. Should have gone to JH and Dr. Melia earlier. Very pleased with Dr. M.and how he is working for me.
Dr. Melia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Michael T Melia accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael T Melia in this video.
Dr. Michael T Melia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.