Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael T Williams has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Lung Cancer
- Weight Loss
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Failure
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
call to have a prescription filled on Tuesday & it took them seven days to call it in. when i call to see what the problem was the nurse was very rude.
I was a recent patient at a local nursing home that contracts with Dr. Williams for physician services. Fortunately, my nursing home needs for physician service were restricted to prescription modification which Dr. Williams PA ably handled. Unfortunately, Dr. Williams had the responsibility for submitting necessary paperwork (1) to effect my orderly transition from the nursing to home care and (2) to direct the ordering of needed home medical equipment. Neither happened. Upon checkout from the nursing home I learned that home care had never heard of me and thy would be unable to give me the next IV in a scheduled 6 week regime of 3 per day. To its credit, the nursing home gave me the next IV and started frantic actions to ensure the Dr's tardiness was overcome. As I sit here today, 7 days after discharge, I struggle with a borrowed, too small, bedside commode because at least anecdotally, Dr. Williams has not yet forwarded the needed paperwork to the appropriate Medicare authority.
Having gone to Dr. Williams after all other previous Dr. in practice left, he put me on a medicine that I questioned at the time however, was told by Dr. Williams this was the best course of attack. I became ill after the first dose and continued to call his office for two days. I was told on the first day after being on hold for ten minutes. that the Doctor or Nurse would call me back. On the second day having been sick all night I called back, again on hold for 15 minutes, that the Nurse would call me back. My Mother called back that afternoon, as I was to ill to call and was put on hold for 15 minutes. She hung up and call back and said it was an emergency. The person took the information and advised her that the Nurse said if it was an emergency then she should just take me to the Emergency Room. The Dr. in emergency advised me not to take one of the medicines and explained that normally with my diagnosis and lab results I should not need the agressive medication combinations that I was previously advised to take. Dr. Williams can not admit patients to Sentara Obici.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Williams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Howard University College Of Medicine
United States Army Medical Center - Eisenhower
Dr. Michael T Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGreater Suffolk Medical Center, 114 N Main St Ste 200, Suffolk, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael T Williams in this video.
Dr. Michael T Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Suffolk, VA.