Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael M Taba has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
Dr. Taba seems to run a volume practice, not a patient-centered one. It is routine to wait 4 - 5 hours to see him after check-in at his office. My two visits were 5 hour wait and 4.5 hour wait. On the first appt, I asked about the wait, and was told "we're working on improving that". On the 2nd visit, a more candid staff member just said that it is always this way. After this long wait, when Dr. Taba came in, he was brusque and tried to leave after 5 minutes. The surgery that I needed was complex, and required reconstructive skills, as well as a hip replacement. When he saw the CT scan, he focused on the fact that it was a 3 to 4 hour surgery, and shook his head. It seemed that he would rather have "standard" or routine surgeries, so that he can do as many as possible in a day. My impression was that this office operated like an assembly line, "one size fits all". I did not feel comfortable with him as a surgeon, and I found another surgeon based on recommendations.
Dr. Taba is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1993
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. Michael M Taba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Orthopedics, 1705 Ohio Dr Ste 200, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael M Taba in this video.
Dr. Michael M Taba is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Plano, TX.